LOUISVILLE, Ky. (Aug. 15.2017) — The Louisville Orchestra will perform a free concert, led by Principal Pops Conductor, Bob Bernhardt, on Saturday, Sept. 9 at the Iroquois Amphitheater. The concert will begin at 7 p.m. and will feature pieces and excerpts from the upcoming Classics, Coffee, and Pops concerts.
The program is as diverse as the LO’s 80th season and ranges from Beethoven to The Beatles.
Here are the selections for the concert:
• Ludwig van Beethoven Symphony No. 7, Mvt. IV (Finale)
• Ludwig van Beethoven Symphony No. 7, Mvt. II (Funeral March)
• Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky Symphony No. 5, Mvt. III (Waltz)
• Gioachino Rossini “Largo al factotum” from The Barber of Seville, Chad Sloan, baritone
• John Williams “Harry’s Wondrous World” from Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone
• Samuel Barber Adagio for Strings
• Leonard Bernstein Overture to West Side Story (arr. Maurice Peress)
• John Lennon/Paul McCartney Yesterday
• Teddy Abrams Unified Field, Mvt. IV
• Gustav Holst “Jupiter” from The Planets
The free concert is due to the generosity of Caldwell Tanks. Parking is $5.
Single tickets for the Louisville Orchestra’s 80th season are now on sale. Call 502.584.7777 or click here for a schedule of concerts.
Multiple subscription options are also still available for discount ticket packages for the upcoming season. Call the LO Patron Services at 502.587.8681 or visit LouisvilleOrchestra.org. LO staff will be at the event to fulfill all subscription needs and answer any questions about upcoming concerts.